Expectant moms and families deserve great care – from planning a family to delivering your new addition, then carrying on with well-baby visits and well-mom services, SICHC provides a full spectrum of service for the whole family. High-quality obstetrics services are available at all SICHC locations, including pregnancy care, women’s health, and well-baby visits.
You can confidently look to our nurse practitioners and physicians for a full range of women’s health care from teens to senior women. Serving a rural community means providing services with a full scope, creating greater access for you and your family. The same provider you see can also see your children or other family members, an easy way to be family driven.
Pregnancy Services and Prenatal Care
Our providers and staff are here to help you and your baby on this special journey, 24/7. Our full service often begins with a pre-pregnancy examination (including an in-office ultrasound), where we’ll work together to check your overall health and come up with a plan for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. Regular checkups focus on whole person health, which includes sound eating habits, exercise needs and other factors like weight gain.
Throughout pregnancy, you will see one of our family-practice physicians, who will focus what you and your baby need to have a safe labor and delivery. Our delivering physicians have privileges at the IU Health Hospital in Paoli, where your baby may be born. Moms have many options for flexible birth plans including support for natural labor or epidural.
Postpartum and Well-baby
We schedule a series of regular well-baby and well-mom checkups after delivery. Becoming a mother means big changes, and we want you and your baby to be healthy all the way through and beyond. Transitioning to pediatric care with your family provider at SICHC is easy.
Services, at a glance:
- Routine preventive women’s healthcare based on latest evidence-based guidelines
- Birth control counseling and options – oral contraceptives, injectable contraception, implanted device, intrauterine devices
- Pre-conception counseling and education
- Prenatal care and counseling
- Pregnancy deliveries
- Postpartum care
- Lactation and breastfeeding support
- Cervical cancer screening and testing
- HPV testing
- Pap smears
- STI testing
- Breast cancer education and screening
- Workup and management assistance for menstrual concerns or irregular periods
- Initial work up for infertility
- Menopause education and support
- Post-menopausal management
- Osteoporosis evaluation, screening and treatment
Women’s Health Resources for New Moms
Click here for a collection of links to books, videos, websites, and more.