Southern Indiana Community Health Care (SICHC) is a faith-driven, nonprofit, Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC). We are committed to providing a broad spectrum of primary health care and integrated behavioral health to the families and communities of South-central Indiana.
Our mission is to provide high-quality, comprehensive, community-sensitive health care utilizing Christ-oriented principles.
The following values were established in 1974 by our founding members, and today they guide the implementation of our mission statement:
- The teachings and life of Jesus as we know him in the Bible are of utmost importance in our decision-making.
- Health care should be comprehensive, continuous, and accessible by the people in our communities. This care needs to encompass not only acute care, but also health maintenance, disease prevention, wellness education, and institutional care.
- We value health care delivery with compassion and concern for the whole person – spiritual and emotional as well as physical.
- We need to be attentive to the needs of the materially poor, providing them with access to health care at a reachable cost.
- The delivery of health care involves many tasks relating to various areas of life. We believe that care is best delivered by a team of professionals from various backgrounds working in a coordinated fashion.
- We place a priority on meeting the needs of our patients while maintaining financial solvency. We appreciate the significance of financial incentives for staff and believe that profits should benefit both the community and staff.
- Our concern extends to the community in general. As an organization and individuals, we exist as a resource to the community to support and develop systems which protect and enrich the lives of our community.
We’re About Community and You
Check Us Out